[fetchmail] [off-topic] Re: corrupted messages & reply to question

2003-04-17 12:06:11
sorry for taking this further off-topic ...

Jonathan Manning wrote:

I believe that lines between the "Received: from" and "inet....-1-1-1-1-1"
are inserted by the ptd.net mail servers. It may be the uvscan that is
corrupting these messages. You really should talk to whoever is upstream of
you and doing these scans. It makes your messages very difficult to view
and reply to.

Actually, it looks to me like it might be venus.ccil.org at fault (maybe
something chokes on the very long hostname).

Exim always adds a message-id header to a message that doesn't already
have one.  But here, the message-id header has the same id as the second
pushed the message back into the MTA.  In other words it looks like the
message was fine (had a message-id) when it was received from ptd.net,
but didn't when it came out of mailman, since the headers got screwed
with somehow.

If the original poster <doma(_at_)ptd(_dot_)net> would reply to this, both
directly
to me and to the list, maybe that will help show where the problem is.

Just my take on things ... could be wrong, I might be misunderstanding
when Exim adds the message-id header or something.

--
Ben Smithurst / ben(_at_)smithurst(_dot_)org