[fetchmail] RE: corrupted messages & reply to question

2003-04-20 07:21:18
How about this? Is this better?

TI sent my original posts from my home pc's not the servers that I'm having
the trouble with. That screwy header info is cause by my mail server getting
it's ip and host name from my isp. I haven't figured out how to tell my
server not to take a host name from my isp's dhcp server but that's for a
different mail list.

Basically I have several customers that I've setup servers for that use
fetchmail to retrieve their mail from a domain pop hosted by an isp. 2 of
these servers are experiencing the same problem.

Please tell me what info you'd like me to pass along to diagnose this
problem. I can actually get the offending mail by using my pop3 client to
get it directly from the domain-pop. If this would help I'll attach one of
these problem emails to my next submission.

Thanks..
Dom

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Manning [mailto:jmanning(_at_)alisa-jon(_dot_)net]
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 2:22 PM
To: Dominick Atanasio
Cc: Fetchmail-Friends
Subject: corrupted messages & reply to question

Hello,

Since no one is responding to this call for help does anyone know
where or
who else might be able to help

First, I suspect that other people are getting the same corrupted messages
from you that I am. If no one is replying, it's not because they aren't
willing to help you, it's because some error is corrupting your messages
and preventing us from reading them.

The headers of your messages contain the lines: