Re: [fetchmail] fetchmail - could not decode BASE64 challenge

2003-05-10 00:59:31
From: "Juergen Edner" <juergen(_dot_)edner(_at_)telejeck(_dot_)de>

Hello,
one of my friends has updated his Fetchmail binary from
v6.2.0 to v6.2.2. If he forces Fetchmail to fetch mail
from his 10 POP3 accounts the following error message
appears for every account (see log excerpt)
For debug purposes we enabled debug logging and tried
it again. Now everything worked fine. We increased the
number of POP3 accounts step by step and found out that
the errors appeared if more than 5-6 accounts are polled.

Then we tried Fetchmail v6.2.1 and the same errors appeared!

After replacing the new binary by a v6.2.0 one, everything
works fine again. I hope someone can give me a hint how
to solve this problem.

The first step is to try compiling from source. If the same problem occurs then you've found a bug, otherwise there's a problem with the binary you're using (and you don't say where you got it from).

 Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?