[fetchmail] Truncated Attachments

2003-05-12 18:09:34
Greetings,

I noticed in the archive that someone else has this same problem, that
with certain accounts, fetchmail seems to truncate the attachment.  I
can forward the mail to another account, fetchmail works fine.  Forward
it back to the problem account(s), and it gets truncated again.  The
following is what is in the log:

fetchmail: SMTP> MAIL FROM:<amatin(_at_)attbi(_dot_)com> SIZE=281442
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 Ok
fetchmail: SMTP> RCPT TO:<brian(_at_)localhost>
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 Ok
fetchmail: SMTP> DATA
fetchmail: SMTP< 354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>
#fetchmail: message amatin(_at_)mail(_dot_)attbi(_dot_)com:1 was not the
expected length
(81855 actual != 281442 expected)

Again, this only happens with 2 out of 6 accounts, and the same email
forwarded to the other accounts work.  The accounts are also (with the
exception of one) at the same ISP, so I'm *assuming* they use the same
mail system across accounts.

If I configure fetchmail to leave the mail there, and then read it
directly, either via the ISP's web interface, or from a mail client via
POP3, the message comes down cleanly.

I did not happen to see a resolution to this issue in the archive, so,
if it *has* been solved, accept my apologies for repeating something
that has already been solved.

TIA
Brian