[fetchmail] localhost/FQDN problem

2003-05-17 06:01:06
Hello everyone,

i'm using fetchmail for the first time and i have one little problem i can't
figure out by myself:

When fetchmail (pop2smtp.mylocaldomain.tld) is talking to my ISPs POP server
(pop.isp.tld) or to my internal SMTP server (mail.mylocaldomain.tld -
running on a different machine the fetchmail), it identfies itsself as
localhost
and not with his FQDN. This leads to mail headers like this:

    by localhost with POP3 (fetchmail-6.2.0)
    for myname(_at_)myispdomain(_dot_)tld (multi-drop); Tue, 13 May 2003
11:28:20 +0200
(CEST)

I use the following fetchmail configuration file:

### global settings ###
  set daemon 60
  set postmaster postmaster(_at_)mylocaldomain(_dot_)tld
  set no bouncemail
  set no spambounce
  set syslog

### server settings ###
    poll pop.isp.tld
    protocol pop3
    localdomains myispdomain.tld
    timeout 30
    envelope "Envelope-to"
    dns

#### user settings ###
      username "mypop3account"
        password "mypop3password"
        is *
        smtphost mail.localdomain.tld
        smtpaddress myispdomain.tld
        no keep
        fetchall
        limit 104857600
        warnings 900
        fetchlimit 25

maybe someone stumbled across this problem before and can help me.

Thanx

Frank