RE: [fetchmail] Re: Incorrect headers (again, but this time with moredebug info)

2003-05-17 06:06:15
did not work for me

-----Original Message-----
From:
fetchmail-friends-bounces+doma=ptd(_dot_)net(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org
[mailto:fetchmail-friends-bounces+doma=ptd(_dot_)net(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org]On
 Behalf
Of SoloCDM
Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2003 12:40 AM
To: Frank A Ekern
Cc: Fetchmail-Friends (Request)
Subject: [fetchmail] Re: Incorrect headers (again, but this time with
moredebug info)

On Wed, 14 May 2003, Frank A Ekern wrote:

I have have a spam waiting for me in my pop3 account which have some
headers which is seriously broken (probably done to get cross-site
scripting to work in a webmail application or something like that.)

When fetchmail tries to download that message it fails, reporting that
the connection timed out. The other messages in my mailbox will not be
fetched. I have added some debug messages in the fetchmail code and have
found that this error occurs the first time SockRead is called
in readbody.

I have attached the output of ethereal (In "Follow TCP Stream" mode),
the message as saved when fetched with evolution and the output from
fetchmail -v -v -t 30

I had a similar situation, so Sunil Shetye recommended 'sslproto ""'
in the user or defaults line, which worked.  You can also use
'--sslproto ""' on the command-line.  HTH.

How did you get the output for packetsniff.txt?

--
Note: When you reply to this message, please include the mailing
      list address and my email address in To: and/or Cc: with