[fetchmail] why report truename when polling via another name?

2003-05-21 15:42:18
Up till now I've used fetchmail over pop3s only (with the internal ssl
option).  Today I had to set up a fetchmail config to go over an ssh tunnel
(to a pop3 server).  All is fine, except I say:

poll zion via localhost with protocol pop3 [...]

and then when I ask fetchmail about this server with:
# fetchmail zion
I get the message:
fetchmail: No mail for fischman at meat

Note that the server is identified as "meat", which is the real name of the
localhost, not zion (which is the real, remote server).  I think that when
fetchmail gets asked to fetch from a poll label, it should report its
results with respect to that label.  To this end, I've modified two lines in
driver.c, with the following diff:

Is the current behaviour intentional?  I think this alternate behaviour is
more intuitive, and would like to see it incorporated into fetchmail (at
least as an option, if not the default behaviour).

Cheers,
--
  Ami Fischman
  usenet(_at_)fischman(_dot_)org