Re: [fetchmail] daemon behavior?: short interval + lots of mail

2003-05-21 18:49:49
"Justin Frohwirth" <justin(_at_)dailycandy(_dot_)com> writes:

What is fetchmail's behavior running in daemon mode when the time to
download the mail is greater than the interval?  For example, lets say that
the interval is 60 seconds, but there is so much mail on the server, that
the POP3 session is lasting 90 seconds?

The interval starts being counted after the previous download has
finished. I. e. you'd get 90s POP3, then 60s sleep, then the same cycle
again.

Does the daemon try to download the mail while the first session is
running, potentially causing lots of problems (duplicate mail, etc.)
or is it smart enough to wait, or just fail out and allow the next
poll to pick things up.  Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere --
I couldn't find it in the docs, FAQ, or google.

It's simple and only sleeps or counts sheep uhm seconds while not
downloading :-)