[fetchmail] Newbie trying to troubleshoot mail spool corruption.

2003-05-24 11:41:18
I'm having a recurring problem which I'm not sure is caused by
fetchmail, spamassassin, procmail, or sendmail or something else.

I'm using all of the above from the Redhat Linux 9 distro.

The fetchmail release is 6.2.0+IMAP-GSS+NTLM+SSL+INET6+NLS.
Spamassassin is 2.44.

I'm using fetchmail to get mail from our isp for both myself and my
wife.  She doesn't log on to the unix machine, so I run fetchmail for
her as a cron job. I've also got my .bashrc and .bashlogout scripts set
up to run fetchmail in daemon mode whenever I'm logged in. We each have
our own .fetchmailrc

The problem is that periodically (once or twice a day) Evolution fails
getting my mail. When this happens I look at my mail in /var/spool/mail
and find that it doesn't start with a From: line often the extra lines
are X-Spam headers, but the last time it was just a spurious blank line.

I've looked at the mail logs and nothing seems odd there (at least to a
newbies eye). I've also looked at the various docs but can't find
anything which obviously looks like it would help debug this.

Does anyone have an insight for this admitted newbie?