Re: [fetchmail] bounce port

2003-06-08 09:17:43
From: Robin Lynn Frank <rlfrank(_at_)paradigm-omega(_dot_)com>

According to man fetchmailconf:

Fetchmail's method of sending bouncemail and spam bounces requires that
       port 25 of localhost be available for sending mail via SMTP.

Is there no way I can get around this and use por 10025?????

Well, the man page seems pretty explicit on that one...

You've got 3 choices that I can see:

1) Hack the code (ugly)
2) Have your mail server listen on port 25 (obvious)
3) Have some process listen on port 25 and redirect to 10025 (like your firewall software)

 Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?

Use MSN Messenger to send music and pics to your friends http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger