Re: (Fwd) Re: [fetchmail] queued mail

2003-06-08 09:21:45
[ Borrowing from Claus Assmann's .sig:
[
[ A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
[ Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)?
[ A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
[ Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

From: nlimbu(_at_)healthnet(_dot_)org(_dot_)np

I have fetchmail-5.5.0-2. All the mails downloaded by fetchmail are sent to MTA
(sendmail) and I have found these mails going to /var/spool/mqueue for some
minutes and later goes to their local folder. I am using sendmail in queued mode, so is it due to this queued mode feture of sendmail which is redirecting the mails to queued directory? If yes, how can I enable fetchmail to put the mails directly to the
local mailboxes.

5.5! Sheesh, that's old, consider upgrading. Certainly more recent versions support the ability to use a local delivery agent directly, take a look at the output of configure.

However, what you're seeing is perfectly expected. Fetchmail hands the mail to sendmail, which then queues it for (local) delivery. You can reduce the delay by changing the interval at which the queue is run.

 Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?