Re: [fetchmail] fetchmail + postfix trouble

2003-06-10 10:40:28
Pavel Brenev wrote:
I have some troubles with fetchmail+postfix using.
If I have a letter, that size more than message_size_limit, this happens:

Are you unhappy that fetchmail sends a bounce message instead of the
oversize message?  In that case it's your postfix configuration that
needs to be changed.

fetchmail: SMTP> MAIL FROM:<mobtelefon(_at_)aol(_dot_)com> BODY=7BIT SIZE=5456
fetchmail: SMTP< 421 Error: timeout exceeded
fetchmail: SMTP error: 421 Error: timeout exceeded
fetchmail: SIGPIPE thrown from an MDA or a stream socket error
fetchmail: socket error while fetching from mail.home.ru
fetchmail: 6.2.2 querying mail.home.ru (protocol POP3) at ??? 10 ???
2003 12:03:47: poll completed
fetchmail: Query status=2 (SOCKET)
fetchmail: sleeping at ??? 10 ??? 2003 12:03:47

Then all repeats.

Or are you unhappy about the SMTP connection being closed after a
5-minute delay, then not being there when fetchmail tries to forward
the next message?

In that case I'm not clear on which side is at fault; I would expect
Postfix to close its side of the connection after receiving QUIT and
sending its "bye", but then I'd also expect fetchmail to close its
side after sending its QUIT and RSET.  And I'd expect fetchmail to
reopen the SMTP connection if necessary.

So I'll ask the question the other Rob was thinking of asking:  What
version of fetchmail are you running?   Your .fetchmailrc (without
passwords) or the output of fetchmail -V might also be useful.

--
==============================| "A slice of life isn't the whole cake
 Rob Funk <rfunk(_at_)funknet(_dot_)net> | One tooth will never make a full