Re: [fetchmail] Problem - truncated messages

2003-07-21 14:41:46
I have noticed this same problem with 6.2.2 (no info about 6.2.3 yet),

Mine is: 6.2.0+IMAP-GSS+NTLM+SSL+INET6+NLS

I've done a bit more testing now.  Here are some of the things I've found:

The problem seems to affect all messages, not just those with images
attached.  It doesn't matter what type attachment it is, or how many, or
even if it's just a long plain text message with no attachments.  In all
cases, messages are truncated at around 80K.

I have received many messages that are longer than 80K, but only one
(with attached images) showed this problem.  I have also tested several
mail pickup tools (like netscape mail) and bypassed several of my normal
mail steps (ie, took out procmail, changed mail delivery agents, etc),
and it seems the truncation happened somewhere in the ISP and fetchmail;
the other tools seemed to work correctly.

Did you notice that we both are served by comcast.net ??

                                =S.Coffin
                                GV Computing
                                scoffin(_at_)comcast(_dot_)net