Re: [fetchmail] Idea regarding integration of (nasty) HTTPMail transport

2003-08-25 22:45:25
Craig Pratt <craig(_at_)strong-box(_dot_)net>:
Thankfully, the HotWay project has engineered a POP-to-HTTPMail proxy
(hotwayd). Using this and fetchmail, we are able to satisfy the
client's request.

But it got me thinking: Could this bastard protocol be added to
fetchmail's repertoire? I - of course - fear legitimizing the protocol.
But it would remove the need for setting up a daemon just to do the
conversion - which can be confusing for new users.

I wouldn't necessarily be opposed.  It depends on whether the new
protocol could be fit in as another driver (like the POP2, POP3, POP4
and ODMR drivers) without uglifying the core code.