[fetchmail] Where does fetchmail store it's mail?

2003-09-09 18:37:39
Just curious, but where does fetchmail store its mail that it's just pulled in? I know that the mail has to go to procmail next, then spam assassign, then get filtered from there, but does fetchmail store the incoming mail in a temp file on the disk just in case something were to happen such as a sudden reboot or something like that so that no mail is lost? I'm just curious cause I've had fetchmail be downloading a message and have the power go out and the system shut down suddenly. Or does it just hand the mail immediately off to procmail or sendmail and then move onto the next message? I'm guessing it hands it off to sendmail which stores it locally in a temp folder (probubly the same one used for outgoing mail), then sendmail hands it to procmail, then on and on. Just trying to kind of picture how all this works is all and where there's some failsafes for things like sudden loss of power or reboots or stuff like that so you won't loose your mail.