Re: [fetchmail] Where does fetchmail store it's mail?

2003-09-11 07:35:46
Dragoncrest <dragoncrest(_at_)voyager(_dot_)net> writes:

      Just curious, but where does fetchmail store its mail that it's
just pulled in?

Nowhere, your assumption about direct hand-off (via pipeline) into the
SMTP listener or, if so configured, into the MDA, was correct.

lost?  I'm just curious cause I've had fetchmail be downloading a
message and have the power go out and the system shut down suddenly.

In that case, fetchmail won't have a record "I've got that mail already"
either, and any working POP3 server DOES NOT delete your mail in spite
of DELE commands sent when the connection aborts prematurely (instead of
via QUIT.), so it will retry the mail unless your POP3 server is
broken. (In that case, unsubscribe from your ISP without notice and, if
a valuable mail and applicable to your contract and legislation, sue for
compensation -- but check with your lawyer first.)