[fetchmail] fetchmail: incorrect header line found while scanning headers

2003-09-09 22:09:35

I have been having this problem with downloading mail from my ISP, in
particular mail from lists.sourceforge.net.

I found that a few others were having this problem, and even that
someone had written a patch to override this error.

My question is how to apply said patch. I am about as familiar with
coding as I am with driving a moonbuggy, so I hope that I can get some
little hand-holding with this.

I tried upgrading to fetchmail-6.2.4, but to no avail.

I see from the archives this is an ongoing debate, but the mail I wish
to retrieve *is* legitimate, and I believe that the problem lies with my
ISP and the way they deal with the mail from lists.sourceforge.net. I
apologize for adding to the copious posts regarding this matter, but if
I could get some help applying this patch, it would be greatly
appreciated.

Feel free, anyone, to reply to me personally in order to avoid yet
another lengthy thread/debate on this issue.

Thanks a bunch!