Re: [fetchmail] client/server protocol error

2003-09-15 16:23:54
On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 18:19:23 -0400
Paul M Foster <paulf(_at_)quillandmouse(_dot_)com> uttered:

My problem has not been solved yet. I enclose one of the messages
header that causes the trouble. The only thing that differs is the
subject line with blank spaces in it. Could that be the reason why
fetchmail quits?

I haven't followed this thread, so my apologies if someone has
mentioned this. Fetchmail 6.2.4 handles this problem. In 6.2.2, mail
with incorrect headers would cause fetchmail to simply leave the mail
on the ISP's server. In 6.2.3, fetchmail would attempt to dispose of
the mail and dump out with the protocol error. In 6.2.4, both problems
were solved. If you're running a prior version and simply can't
upgrade, you can check the list archives; there were patches to both
6.2.2 and 6.2.3 to resolve this problem.

Actually, I still had to patch 6.2.4 to get around the "incorrect header
line found while scanning headers" problem, or is this something
different?

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046