Re: [fetchmail] Fetchmail hanging?

2003-09-24 04:34:04
* Rob MacGregor <rob_macgregor(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com> [2003-09-23 17:39:10
+0000]:

Thanks for the response on this.  Apparently the pop address was slightly
incorrect.  What buffaloed me was that, with an incorrect address, I'd get
any mail whatever.  But we did--it just hung occasionally.  But thanks for
the suggestions on what to report next time.

Seth Williamson

From: Seth Williamson <seth(_at_)swva(_dot_)net>

I am a rank newbie so please pardon me if this has been touched on before.

I am trying to learn mutt.  I'm using fetchmail to get the mail.

Version of fetchmail?

Fetchmail eventually gets my mail from my ISP, but once I see "poll
started," frequently--usually--nothing happens for quite some time.  With
my
brother, he says he starts seeing a response almost immediately after "poll
started" appears in the terminal.

Contents of fetchmailrc?

Copy of your log/fetchmail output so we can see what's going on?

Sometimes it will appear to hang for three minutes or more.

It is not clear to me what's going on.  Can somebody suggest a solution?

Not without more details such as your config and version.

 Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?