Re: [fetchmail] What Does This Mean ?

2003-10-07 22:59:50
From: mpierce <mrpierce(_at_)optusnet(_dot_)com(_dot_)au>

I have searched through 3 months of messages from the group and have not
found an answer to this.

Fetchmail is not downloading messages (maybe it is not fetchmail's fault
- don't know). I am getting this strange error abridged output from
cron):
skipping message mrpierce(_at_)mail(_dot_)optusnet(_dot_)com(_dot_)au:1118 (0
octets) not
flushed
reading message mrpierce(_at_)mail(_dot_)optusnet(_dot_)com(_dot_)au:1119 of
1327 (1614 header
octets) .fetchmail: SMTP connect to localhost failed

Fetchmail is unable to connect to an SMTP server running on your loopback interface.

fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from
mail.optusnet.com.au
fetchmail: Query status=10 (SMTP)

I have in exim.conf:
local_domains = localhost:libranet:mail.optusnet.com.au
        (libranet is name of my computer)

Ensure that exim is listening on 127.0.0.1. Once you sort that you'll probably find everything works.

 Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?

Sign-up for a FREE BT Broadband connection today! http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/btbroadband