Re: [fetchmail] Help: Posfix and Fetchmail

2003-11-04 23:48:03
From: "Sothun Thay" <sthay(_at_)mopf(_dot_)gov(_dot_)tp>

FYI, I have been trying all possible combination of smtphost, smtpaddress,
and smtpname. And yet Fetchmail still can't forward messages to my Postfix.
As a result, it forward it to the postmaster on localhost i.e. "sthay".

Fetchmail *IS* doing that. Your problem is that, at least in the example you gave, postfix didn't know to forward the email on to your mail server. Once you sort that problem you should be fine.

Please advice me more or point me out to the place where I can do some basic
research myself.

Well, I'd start with the fetchmail man page and this list archive. Then I'd suggest the archive of the postfix mailing list.

 Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?