Re: [fetchmail] after rewriting address becomes invalid.

2003-11-05 07:46:20
On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 01:19:32PM +0000, Rob MacGregor wrote:
From: "Andrei A. Voropaev" <avorop(_at_)mail(_dot_)ru>

Today I've got an error from fetchmail saying that it can't deliver to
local MTA. I was using v6.2.2. The message was not flushed and I've
decided to upgrade to v6.2.5 and then get the trace. The trace is below.
Unfortunately this time the message was flushed and I don't know where
can I find it now.

I'd say your problem is that you're not specifying the Envelope-To line in
your .fetchmailrc (would help if you posted that).  Specify it and the
problem should go away.

I couldn't find in man page what shall be specified in the Envelope-To
line.

As it says in the man page, fetchmail defaults to using the Received
headers, which is often not what you want.

As far as I understand the rewriting of Received: header should
have found string 'for some(_at_)domain(_dot_)com' and rewrite it with some
other
value. That string was not present in the Received: header line. So
rewriting should have failed and revert to using To: and CC: fields. But
this didn't happen. Incorrectly rewritten header was passed to MTA.

As for the missing mail, I'd guess you may have the antispam option set?

I don't have any antispam option set. Here's my .fetchmailrc

poll pop.ia-scherer.de
protocol POP3
user SIMCON4
password **********
pass8bits

It is strange that message, that local MTA has rejected, simply
disappeared. In version 6.2.2 this message was not flushed from pop
server.

Andrei