Re: [fetchmail] Multidrop badness

2003-11-09 02:56:55
From: Geoff Saulnier <geoffsaulnier(_at_)mac(_dot_)com>

I should have mentioned the problem more explicitly:

All mail comes to pop3.demon.co.uk addressed to username(_at_)birchwoode(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk where username is the same username as the user on my local machine.

The problem is that whatever I pull in with fetchmail gets passed to postmaster on my local domain instead of to the user. Fetchmail complains in the log that it cannot match the address (eg: ali(_at_)birchwoode(_dot_)demon(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk) to any local user which is fair enough as my local domain is pmac-g5.norton.co.uk so the equivalent user here would be ali(_at_)pmac-g5(_dot_)norton(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk

Any reason you can't tell postfix that it handles email for "birchwoode.demon.co.uk"? Doing that (and possibly adding it to localdomains) should fix your problem.

 Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?

Tired of 56k? Get a FREE BT Broadband connection http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/btbroadband