Re: [fetchmail] Multidrop badness

2003-11-08 17:39:19
I should have mentioned the problem more explicitly:

All mail comes to pop3.demon.co.uk addressed to username(_at_)birchwoode(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk where username is the same username as the user on my local machine.

The problem is that whatever I pull in with fetchmail gets passed to postmaster on my local domain instead of to the user. Fetchmail complains in the log that it cannot match the address (eg: ali(_at_)birchwoode(_dot_)demon(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk) to any local user which is fair enough as my local domain is pmac-g5.norton.co.uk so the equivalent user here would be ali(_at_)pmac-g5(_dot_)norton(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk

Question is, in multidrop mode, using a "* here" statement (since there could be any number of users receiving email, and listing them all in a = b statements is not a reasonable solution), how the heck to I get fetchmail to translate birchwoode.demon.co.uk to pmac-g5.norton.co.uk ?????

Or is it postfix that I need to fix?  If so, how?

Geoff.