RE: [fetchmail]fetchmail-socket error

2003-12-11 00:02:32
From: joelvsmith(_at_)earthlink(_dot_)net

i just downloaded version 6.2.5-1, no luck. BTW, netscape can't download the email messages from my earthlink account. i'm starting to think something is not quite right with the way earthlink and linux is configured. i don't understand how things could have changed, but i think i'm over my head. do i need to start worrying about sendmail configurations, /etc/files, like hosts, aliases, ...?

If the netscape mail client can't download from earthlink either then this is certainly an earthlink problem. You don't have to worry about sendmail etc locally, netscape doesn't use that. Besides, you're able to communicate with pop.earthlink.net, just not download.

It might be worth trying "fetchall" to see if that fixes the problem, but that's all I can think of.

 Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?

Use MSN Messenger to send music and pics to your friends http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger