Re: [fetchmail] fetchmailconf expert mode problem

2004-01-13 01:13:13
John Altstadt <altstadt(_at_)telus(_dot_)net>:
fetchmailconf doesn't work so well on rc files that are intended to deal with
multiple mailboxes on one server (I guess this would be the opposite of
multidrop). When you go to edit any particular user's configuration in expert
mode, it always selects the last user.

For example, using the following .fetchmailrc file:

----

# Configuration created Thu Oct 23 20:13:55 2003 by fetchmailconf
set syslog
set postmaster "postmaster"
set bouncemail
set no spambounce
set properties ""
poll pop.whosey.net with proto POP3
       user 'foo' there with password '*' is 'me' here

poll pop.whosey.net with proto POP3
       user 'bar' there with password '*' is 'her' here

poll mail.whatsey.ca with proto POP3 interval 60
       user 'nimble' there with password '*' is 'her' here

poll pop.whosey.net with proto POP3
       user 'baz' there with password '*' is 'that' here

----

the "Configurator expert Controls" "Remote Mail Server Configurations" panel
shows three instances of the pop.whosey.net server, one for each of the three
people that fetchmail is working for. However, any selection made of a
pop.whosey.net line always pulls up the configuration for the user baz/that.

The workaround is to generate an initial rc file with only one user and then
use a text editor to clone the relevant lines.

Or to rearrange it like this:

set syslog
set postmaster "postmaster"
set bouncemail
set no spambounce
set properties ""
poll pop.whosey.net with proto POP3
       user 'foo' there with password '*' is 'me' here
       user 'bar' there with password '*' is 'her' here
       user 'baz' there with password '*' is 'that' here

poll mail.whatsey.ca with proto POP3 interval 60
       user 'nimble' there with password '*' is 'her' here

This configuration diesn't confuse fetchmailconf.  I'll see what I
can do about making the other work.