Re: [fetchmail] Re: "Limit" doesn't cooperates with "flush"

2004-01-13 02:18:17
Sunil Shetye <shetye(_at_)bombay(_dot_)retortsoft(_dot_)com>:
Quoting from Eric S. Raymond's mail on Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 04:50:34AM -0400:
There are a few reasons why 'flush' should not be used to delete
oversized messages.

- 'limit' is a resource limit control option, 'flush' is not. Using
  the two in combination is neither safe nor intuitive. 'flush' is
  specifically for deleting old seen mails. Overloading it is
  dangerous.

I agree with this argument, and have accepted the patch.

??? Which patch have you accepted? Benjamin Drieu's patch is in fact
in disagreement with my argument!

Aarrgghh.  I don't have the stuff in my mailbox to reconstruct what
happened.

I'm going to ship 6.2.6 shortly.  Take a look at that code, we'll
revisit this then.