[fetchmail]I want to back up my IMAP folders

2004-02-28 18:11:40
1. I don't understand what fetchmail does to a full IMAP folder tree. can
someone help? i don't want my messages destroyed or deleted but simply copied.

2. I'd like to somehow back up my IMAP folders residing on my ISP's server. Can
I get fetchmail to forward copies of my messages (old as well as new ones)
through an SMTP server to another account...or something better? I don't run my
own mail server.

3. can I run fetchmail on my Win32 machine in some form, although I do have
Linux machine...?