RE: [fetchmail]fetchmail hanging

2004-02-29 02:41:39
-----Original Message-----
From: fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org
[mailto:fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
Barsalou

Although I don't think it is a fetchmail problem per se, it
does affect how fetchmail works.

There are a few times when I retrieve mail that the fetchmail process
stops and then times out.  The next time it tries to read the same
message and fails again.

Knowing *why* is going to be important.  You'll need to check your mail logs
and the output of fetchmail -v (maybe -v -v) to see what's going on.

1. Is there a command line way to skip past the message that
is causing
this grief with having to use a special tool?  I want to
accomplish this using fetchmail.

Not really (well, there's always the option to telnet to the mail server and
interact by hand).

2. What could possibly cause the sendmail process to just
stop accepting
characters like that (I figured this out by debugging the entire
process).

Without more information there is no way of knowing.  You may want to
consult the comp.mail.sendmail newsgroup - and provide them with the
information you didn't include here :)

I am using:

sendmail-8.12.10-1.1.1

Hopefully that's fully patched - otherwise upgrade to 8.12.11.

PLEASE - keep list traffic on the list.  Email sent directly to me may be
ignored utterly.

--
Rob | What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?