[fetchmail]duplicate emails

2004-03-27 16:53:24
I'm trying to solve or minimize the dreaded multiple emails problem.
Always there are dozens of the of the same emails in my inbox.  I have
done some reading and googling regarding this problem.  I don't want to
summarize the into in the FAQ or what I found so I'll just ask my
question. When I log into my ISPs POP3 server with Pine for example I
notice I cannot stay connected and not do anything more than a fraction of
a minute without getting a message, "Mailbox closed due to access error."
For instance if I leisurely read email soon the connection will drop. What
I have done to solve that problem is mark all the emails in the POP3
server and quickly transfer all of them to a folder on my PC. As soon as
they are transfered, I expunge them from the server and quit Pine.  Note I
have not tried Outlook Express or some Windows-land email client to see if
the problem occurs with them too.  Well actually I may have tried Pine on
Windows, but I think I had the same problem, but I digress.  I think what
might be happening is that the connection is idle for some number of
seconds and the server drops the connection.  How would I make fetchmail
do its work in small active bites so that the server doesn't kill the
connection.  I have ADSL and it is normal for me to have good solid
connections 99% of the time, so I assume the TCP/IP link is not at issue.

Fred

Error Loading Explorer.exe
You must reinstall Windows.