Re: [fetchmail]fetchmail vs Maillenium; mail truncated to 80K

2004-04-27 14:54:58
jcfoley(_at_)comcast(_dot_)net wrote:
Well, this has been a fascinating and informative discussion.  I hope
Brian Candler's offer to implement his excellent proposal is accepted.

ESR's response sounded like he'd consider accepting a patch.

... change the name of the "unseen" flag.  Maybe "preserveseen", ...

I wonder if Rob Funk meant "preserveunseen".  The name isn't all that
important.  I'm just trying to clarify that the semantics would be to
make the message appear to be unseen.

Yeah, from that perspective "preserveunseen" might be better.  I was
thinking in terms of preserving the state of the seen flag.

On the subject of fixing buggy servers, what suggestions do folks have
to get unresponsive corporate giants to do something?

Well, class action lawsuits seem to be good for getting them to give you
discount coupons.  Other than that I don't really know.

--
==============================| "A slice of life isn't the whole cake
 Rob Funk <rfunk(_at_)funknet(_dot_)net> | One tooth will never make a full