[fetchmail]Re: Reply-To considered harmful?

2004-05-11 11:40:03
On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 04:24:06PM +0000, Michael Abbott wrote:
but fetchmail doesn't seem to have Reply-To set.

And with good reason [1].
[1] http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html

Yes, I've read that, and I'm not convinced.  Using pine I find replying to
lists with Reply-To set to be much smoother; his arguments seem rather
mailer specific.

Indeed.

I suppose I agree with most of the reasons because I use a mailer that
makes it easy to reply to the author of a message, to the mailing list,
or to both. Given that, setting the reply-to header on mailing lists
only annoys me.

However, for people whose mailers only support a reply and maybe a
group-reply feature, I could see how setting the reply-to header might
be useful.

--
gram