RE: [fetchmail]DNS Lookup

2004-05-24 05:32:18
When I run fetchmail form a cron job I get the following error:

reading message spamcollector(_at_)domain(_dot_)com:4 of 4 (6088 octets)
.fetchmail: SMTP error: 451 4.1.8 Domain of sender address
CAAgent(_at_)BlueWaveDirect(_dot_)com does not resolve
.... not flushed

I'm pretty sure that its fetchmail that is doing the DNS lookup

--Mike

From: Brian Candler
Sent: Tue 5/4/2004 10:59 AM
To: Mike Carlson
Cc: fetchmail-friends(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [fetchmail]DNS Lookup

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 08:45:26AM -0500, Mike Carlson wrote:

   How do I disable DNS looksups when fetchmail is getting mail from the
   server? I tried the "no dns" option but that didnt seem to take care
   of it. I am pulling email from a POP3 Lotus Notes server and
   deliverying to the local mail file.

Can you describe the symptoms more accurately? What makes you think that
fetchmail is doing DNS lookups? What exactly is it looking up - smtp
hostname, sender addresses, recipient addresses, ...?

Are you sure it's not your SMTP MTA which is doing DNS lookups when it
receives MAIL FROM or RCPT TO commands from fetchmail?

Brian.