RE: [fetchmail]Fetchmail and Envelope To Header as multidrop

2004-05-24 23:48:50
-----Original Message-----
From: fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org
[mailto:fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of

Hi have a problem with the fetchmail yet, the fechtmail
donlowad very good
the mail does´nt FROM any List discusion for example from
mymail(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com
TO any user local  user(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com and does´nt any problem,
but when the
fetchmail download any mail from some list of dicussion then
we have a
serius problem, because the fetchmail don´t unknow el RCP TO
tje user, I
sent to you a small line of the log file fetchmail.log

Ok, we need:

Version of fetchmail
Sample header from email that's not delivered correctly.

fetchmail: SMTP>RCPT To :<root(_at_)localhost>
fetchmail: SMTP>DATA

then the mail from owner-postfix(_at_)postfix(_dot_)org  will should go
to the user admin(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com, that I am, but not.

Where does it go - you don't say.  It will be sent to whatever your
local SMTP server has aliased for root.

Set logfile "/var/log/fetchmail.log"
set no bouncemail
set postmaster "root"

Usually root is aliased elsewhere.  Why not just leave it at the default
of postmaster and alias postmaster to wherever you want the email to go?

poll myisp.com with proto pop3 enevelope X-Envelope-To localdomains
mydomain.com localdomain:
no dns
user "myuser" there with pass "my pass" is * here
with options pass8bits flush fetchlimit 40 expunge 20;
limit 409600
keep

PLEASE - keep list traffic on the list.  Email sent directly to me may
be ignored utterly.

--
Rob | What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?