RE: [fetchmail]setting up a multidrop

2004-06-11 08:03:35
-----Original Message-----
From: fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org
[mailto:fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
WalyBaly

dear all,
I am planning to setup for fetching mails from a multidrop
please suggest if the following setup is fine.

set postmaster "admin"
set no bouncemail
set logfile "/var/log/fetchmail.log"
set no syslog

poll printserver proto pop3:
        envelope "X-Envelope-To"
        localdomains trend.intrexindia.net intrexindia.net
        user "a"
        with pass "a"
        is * here

So is the above setting correct if i want to fetch for multiple users
and it would get sent to their mail accounts.

Possibly, but you don't provide enough information to be sure.  Assuming
that the envelope header is "X-Envelope-To" then you've ok for
fetchmail.  If in doubt, run fetchmail with "-v -v" and see what it
does.

Of course, you still need to ensure that your local SMTP server is set
up to handle the domains handed to it.

PLEASE - keep list traffic on the list.  Email sent directly to me may
be ignored utterly.

--
Rob | What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?