Re: [fetchmail] virus

2004-07-19 23:06:54
Laurence wrote:
Has anyone else started receiving these again: ?

Esr wrote:
fotoinfo

:)

Looks like it; my mail filters automatically trash messages with zip or
executable attachments, but my logs reveal some of those coming from this
direction.

Judging by the emptiness of the zip section a virus has been removed
along the way and the rest of the message passed on.  Is it happening at
mercury / saturn.ccil.org?  Can they be configured to drop the entire
message if it contains a virus?

Unfortunately the CCIL people seem to have all but disowned us. I've tried
to contact them about the mailing list, and the closest I could get was a
very friendly person from the wrong department who misunderstood what I
wanted.  Apparently somewhere along the line ESR had a falling out with
the mailing list admin or something, and he lost control of it.  The list
is effectively admin-less.

So the upshot is that the list server can't be configured at all,
practically speaking.  I recommend that everyone migrate to the new
mailing lists at berlios.de: