Re: [fetchmail]Help with warning: Illegal address syntax

2004-07-19 23:59:07
Rob,

Good question - you don't give us any useful information beyond the error
(and that you're running RH 9).  No details on your version of fetchmail or
it's setup.

Sorry, you are quite right... When I first saw this problem I upgraded to the
latest fetchmail (6.2.5) which I compiled from source. Postfix is version
V1.1.11 and is the one that comes with RH9. Below is my .fetchmailrc and
output from fetchmail -V.

# Configuration created Thu Feb 13 11:53:53 2003 by fetchmailconf
set postmaster "postmaster"
set bouncemail
set no spambounce
set properties ""

poll mail.rdslink.ro with proto POP3
    user 'gary.sims' there with password 'xxxxxxx' is 'gary' here
    antispam 571 550 501 554

Here is the output from fetchmail -V

This is fetchmail release 6.2.5+NLS
Fallback MDA: (none)
Linux exodus 2.4.20-8 #1 Thu Mar 13 16:42:56 EST 2003 i586 i586 i386 GNU/Linux
Taking options from command line and /root/.fetchmailrc
Idfile is /root/.fetchids
Fetchmail will show progress dots even in logfiles.
Fetchmail will forward misaddressed multidrop messages to postmaster.
Options for retrieving from gary(_dot_)sims(_at_)mail(_dot_)rdslink(_dot_)ro:
  True name of server is mail.rdslink.ro.
  Protocol is POP3.
  All available authentication methods will be tried.
  Server nonresponse timeout is 300 seconds (default).
  Default mailbox selected.
  Only new messages will be retrieved (--all off).
  Fetched messages will not be kept on the server (--keep off).
  Old messages will not be flushed before message retrieval (--flush off).
  Rewrite of server-local addresses is enabled (--norewrite off).
  Carriage-return stripping is disabled (stripcr off).
  Carriage-return forcing is disabled (forcecr off).
  Interpretation of Content-Transfer-Encoding is enabled (pass8bits off).
  MIME decoding is disabled (mimedecode off).
  Idle after poll is disabled (idle off).
  Nonempty Status lines will be kept (dropstatus off)
  Delivered-To lines will be kept (dropdelivered off)
  Fetch message size limit is 100 (--fetchsizelimit 100).
  Do binary search of UIDs during 9 out of 10 polls (--fastuidl 10).
  Messages will be SMTP-forwarded to: localhost (default)
  Recognized listener spam block responses are: 571 550 501 554
  Single-drop mode: 1 local name(s) recognized.
  No UIDs saved from this host.

Many thanks,

Gary
--
Gary Sims (gary(_at_)garysims(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk)
Vulcan, Brasov, Romania