Re: [fetchmail]Help with warning: Illegal address syntax

2004-07-20 03:45:43
From: Gary Sims <gary(_at_)garysims(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>

Sorry, you are quite right... When I first saw this problem I upgraded to the
latest fetchmail (6.2.5) which I compiled from source. Postfix is version
V1.1.11 and is the one that comes with RH9. Below is my .fetchmailrc and
output from fetchmail -V.

# Configuration created Thu Feb 13 11:53:53 2003 by fetchmailconf
set postmaster "postmaster"
set bouncemail
set no spambounce
set properties ""

poll mail.rdslink.ro with proto POP3
    user 'gary.sims' there with password 'xxxxxxx' is 'gary' here
    antispam 571 550 501 554

Well, that's all good news. The next thing to do is to run fetchmail with "-v -v" for a problem email and see what's going on. Would also be useful to grab the email via another method to see if there's a broken header already.

I'm reasonably certain there's no problem with fetchmail here and that the problem is either with postfix or, more probably, with a badly formatted email header (that postfix is balking on).

 Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?