Re: [fetchmail]Re: WHERE ALL EMAILS GONE?

2004-07-20 02:24:58
Am 2004-07-19 08:53:09, schrieb rzmohd:
Dear subscribers

I have downloaded remote email to local Red Hat 7.1 using fetchmail.
The download was successful with termination status 0.  I have been
using fetchmail and having no problem.

Problem was:
I have wrong entered local user name (which does not exists) and
postmaster as "postmaster", please see my fetchmail conf file below.

Question:
Where all the emails gone, I can't trace it.?!?
Dear Konzack

You getting nearest to the point!!  Yes "postmaster" is not exists on the
machine!  But it did not gone to /var/mail/root either!!

I don't understand your explanation for no. 2 below :-(

If the $USER does not exist, there are two possibilities:

1)  The mails is gone to /var/mail/root
2)  Because the non-existant $USER, the message is bounced
   with an Error and has been deleted on the Server

Please help and thank you.

Rzmohd