[fetchmail]Getting misaddressed mail to bounce

2004-08-02 02:11:00
Dear List,

I want to have my multidrop setup bounce messages where the local
user name is invalid. Currently I'm wading through lots of spam and
mis-spellings of local user names.

fetchmail -V -f ~/.fetchmailrc gives this line:

   Fetchmail will forward misaddressed multidrop messages to postmaster.

Can I change my setup so all unrecognised local names are bounced back to the
sender.

TIA
Carl

My Setup

OS: Redhat 8.0
Fetchmail Binary RPM: fetchmail-5.9.0-21.8.0 (from redhat)
Local MDA is sendmail-8.12.8-9.80 (binary RPM from redhat)
Command line: /usr/bin/fetchmail --syslog -f /root/.fetchmailrc >/dev/null 2>&1

[root(_at_)mailgate mail]# cat ~/.fetchmailrc
# fetchmail config file
#
# this is for a collection from demon
set postmaster "postmaster"
set bouncemail
set properties ""

poll pop3.demon.co.uk with proto POP3 aka mailstore no dns:
  localdomains MYDOMAIN.com MYUSER.demon.co.uk MYOTHERDOMAIN.com

  user MYUSER there with password 'MYPASSWD' is * here