RE: [fetchmail]Getting misaddressed mail to bounce

2004-08-02 16:29:20
-----Original Message-----
From: fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org
[mailto:fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
Carl

I want to have my multidrop setup bounce messages where the local
user name is invalid. Currently I'm wading through lots of spam and
mis-spellings of local user names.

fetchmail -V -f ~/.fetchmailrc gives this line:

   Fetchmail will forward misaddressed multidrop messages to
postmaster.

Can I change my setup so all unrecognised local names are
bounced back to the sender.

In theory setting bouncemail (as you've done) should do what you're after.
However you're running a rather old version of fetchmail (6.2.5 is the current
version and you're on 5.9.0), so that may be your problem.

PLEASE - keep list traffic on the list.  Email sent directly to me may be
ignored utterly.

--
Rob | What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?