RE: [fetchmail]Using fetchmail with a nonstandard MTA

2004-08-03 09:05:31
-----Original Message-----
From: fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org
[mailto:fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
Holger Rauch

Is it possible to specify both the path to the executable of
an MTA and the
port # it is listening on in the fetchmailrc file, provided
one uses the
current version of fetchmail (6.2.5)? (Reason for my question
is that I need
to ensure my mail is delivered to an MTA running running on
port 26 after
being retrieved by fetchmail. The MTA I'm talking about is rather
minimalistic (based on Obtuse SMTPD), its sole purpose is to forward
mails to a Java-based portal application).

Well, the obvious answer is to run your MTA on the correct port (25/tcp).

However, failing that, see the section on "--smtphost" under "Delivery Control
Options" in the man page for how to specify a non-standard port for your MTA.

PLEASE - keep list traffic on the list.  Email sent directly to me may be
ignored utterly.

--
Rob | What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?