RE: [fetchmail]Using fetchmail for my secondary MX "problem"

2004-08-26 07:11:16
Hi all,

Been plugging away at fetchmail and have hit a wall...

My fetchmail.rc file:

skip mail.mydomain.com
        proto pop3
        user "user(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com"
        pass "pass"
        keep
        fetchall

When fetchmail is started with:
fetchmail -v -f '/home/james/.fetchmailrc' mail.mydomain.com

It happily fetches the emails, but tries to deliver to
james(_at_)locahost(_dot_)  I
was on the assumption that fetchmail would deliver to who the email was
intended for if no

As Rob pointed out below, my ISP is using "Delivered-To:" in their headers
and not "Envelope-To:", so I used:
fetchmail -v -E "Delivered-To:" -f '/home/james/.fetchmailrc'
mail.mydomain.com

This gave the same results, where it tried delivering to
james(_at_)localhost(_dot_)

I am trying to find a solution to where all emails that would be delviered
to a catch all account on a seondary MX server would be distributed to their
intended destination for three domains.  As yet, I can only get them to be
delivered to james(_at_)localhost(_dot_)  I do hope I am going about the
solution the
right way.... ie - An email sent to user(_at_)domain(_dot_)com is fetched by
fecthmail
and then SENT to user(_at_)domain(_dot_)com via my local MTA.

Any suggested reading or a possible solution?

Kind Regards,
James