[fetchmail]fetchmail 6: ssh-Tunnel results in "bind: Address already in use"

2004-09-16 08:55:58
Hi everyone!

First of all: many thanks for "fetchmail" to all people making this
software possible!

Unfortunately I do have a problem with fetchmail 6 -- I've already tried
a 6-subversion about a year ago and did have the same problem as I do
now with Debian Sarge's "6.2.5-10":

Two of the mail-accounts I use fetchmail with construct an SSH-tunnel
before actually fetching the mails:

~/.fetchmailrc:

  #####
  poll localhost  port 10110  protocol pop3  username max is max
  password "wont-tell-you" keep preconnect "/usr/bin/ssh -f -C -x -L
  10110:pop3-A:110 max(_at_)ssh-A /bin/sleep 10"

  poll localhost  port 10111  protocol pop3  username mamers is max
  password "wont-tell-you" keep preconnect "/usr/bin/ssh -f -C -x -L
  10111:pop3-B:110 mamers(_at_)ssh-B /bin/sleep 10"
  #####

While for the first account everything works perfectly fine, when
fetchmail is run for the second account, I always get the following
error:

  bind: Address already in use
  channel_setup_fwd_listener: cannot listen to port: 10111
  Could not request local forwarding.

Fetchmail does successfully get the mails from the POP3-server, but I
always get a mail by cron with the above content ...

Any idea where to start searching and how to fix it?

Many thanks in advance,
Markus Amersdorfer

PS:
I do not get this error message with fetchmail 5(.9.11-6.2) ...

--
Information is always to be treasured, Raul. It is behind only love
and honesty in a person's attempt to understand the universe.