Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail + crontab trouble

2004-11-16 14:26:37
Christoph Pilka <c(_dot_)pilka(_at_)provacanza(_dot_)de> writes:

I´m running a Gentoo box (2004.2) as mailserver fetching mails from several
external accounts. As Gentoo user you have the choice between 4 cronjob
daemons. This box runs vixie-cron. I don´t know why HOME is not set properly,
but it is. A simple
*/1 *   * * *   ctp   echo $HOME >> /tmp/home.tmp
shows me, cronjob doesn´t use HOME=/home/ctp but HOME=/.

Please put your response _below_ the quoted material, so it's in logical
order of question and response. In German: http://quoting.is-easy.de/

Double check that you don't have HOME=/ in crontab or a corrupt user
database, and if you don't find any faults in these two places, file a
bug report against Gentoo's cron package.

It works properly in SuSE's cron package.