Re: [fetchmail]Re: envelope "Received" not working

2004-12-06 06:12:13
On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 13:06:08 +0000, Mike Yates
<hctef(_at_)fonehelp(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:
There is another, fully legitimate, reason (other than
server-clustering) why this could be necessary. My email to
<anybody>@fonehelp.co.uk is relayed on to my Blueyonder address by
kundenserver.de (oneandone.co.uk) and any bcc's only have their "for" in
a "Received" line from kundenserver, not blueyonder, my mailhost.

Well, 1&1 do use the correct header (Envelope-To:), so unless BY are
stripping headers, that should be ok.

Well, then, there should be a configuration option to "accept mis-sized
mail", should there not?

Actually, it does - I've seen a number of messages that have been
received, where fetchmail complains about the POP/IMAP server getting
the size wrong.  It's only a warning/information message.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor