Re: [fetchmail]Enevolope-to Problem

2005-01-10 12:52:27
Sorry, I sent this direct to Rob MacGregor originally.

Rob

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 18:57, Rob MacGregor wrote:
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 18:40:03 +0000, Robert Slade
<fetchmail(_at_)bathnetworks(_dot_)com> wrote:

I did, it says:

  -E <line> | --envelope <line>
              (Keyword:  envelope)  This  option changes the header
fetchmail assumes will carry a copy of the mail's envelope address.
Nor-mally  this  is 'X-Envelope-To' but as this header is not stan-
dard, practice varies.

Snip

To repeat the problem I had both mails had 'X-Envelope-To' but this
was
ignored by fetchmail even though I had not turned off or used the
envelope option ie the default activity is not happening as per the
manual.

However, you didn't specify *what* the header should be.  You used the
"envelope" keyword, without actually specifying the name of the
header.

You should have used:

poll mailserver localdomains local.domain
       envelope X-Envelope-To
       user fred password fred to * here

That is, tell fetchmail what it is looking for...

Thank you that was what I was looking for - it works for the
X-Envelope-To now. However, I now have found that the system feeding the
Pop3 only adds the X-Envelope-To the header if there is no To: so where
the mail is directly addressed Fetchmail can't find the local address.
Doh!

Is it possible to do an 'or' ie

user fred etc
to * here envelope X-Envelope-To to * here ?

Rob