[fetchmail]Enevolope-to Problem

2005-01-10 10:01:46
Hiya,

I have a small fetchmail setup as a backup to my mail server so I can
pop my mail if for any reason my mail server is down.

My setup works fine to mail directly addressed ie with a To: which is
local, the problem I have is that for mail that is via a mailing list or
has been Bcc'd, Fetchmail is not recognising the X-Envelope-To: or the
To: address didn't match any local one

It looks like my Fetchmail config is not looking for the X-Envelope-To
or the Envelope-To, but just looking for the To: Looking through the
docs it is not clear to me how to use the envelope option. For example
should I change the .rc file:

poll mailserver localdomains local.domain
        user fred password fred to * here

poll mailserver localdomains local.domain
        user fred password fred to * here envelope to * here

Note names changed, but mailserver is a multiuser mailbox, the Pop3
server appears to be exim  and mine is qmail.

Or would the envelope to * here work anyway and the to * here not
necessary.

I have tried the change and fetchmail seems to start ok so the syntax is
probably right. Trouble is the bcc and mailing list mails don't happen
very frequently and I am not sure if the above will work.

Many thanks

Rob