Re: [fetchmail]Registration is accepted

2005-01-29 21:45:26
Matthias Andree wrote:

Someone forged ESR's address to write:

Thanks for use of our software.

The file siupd02.cpl attached to this message posed a potential virus
risk to the network and has been removed.  If you need to receive a
.zip file from an external source, you may request an exception by
emailing opssec(_at_)qwest(_dot_)com(_dot_)  Thank you, Risk Mgmt-Info Sec

What a mess. Vermin backscatter.

Would all list subscribers kindly update their anti-virus software and
run anti-virus checks on their Windows computers?

Thank you.

In the not too distant future we'll all be using C-R systems or lodged
public keys to check who may post to mailing lists...

Sounds good. Except it may be a little hard to get EVERY one to use
public keys. Especially (a) windows users and (b) users of webmail and
other email that doesn't have built in key handling.

Other wise, I'm all for it. (Maybe for those with out a public key they
can have a set signature so that the filtering software can let them
through.)

Tim

--
Tim White - Use the Fox, Luke!
PGP/GPG id: 602E944D, Pub Key Serv: subkeys.pgp.net