[fetchmail]SMTP transaction error while fetching

2005-02-01 05:11:50
Hi all

I've been having some problems fetching the mail from my host's
mailserver. What I basically want to do is be able to read my e-mail
when not home, by using a commandline interface over ssh connection. By
fetching the mail to my computer with fetchmail and then reading it with
pine or whatever program.

I used fetchmailconf to set some simple setting and here's what happens
when I run fetchmail:

fetchmail -vak
fetchmail: 6.2.5 querying mail.datamike.org (protocol POP3) at Tue 01
Feb 2005 02:03:03 PM EET: poll started
fetchmail: POP3< +OK POP3 miami [cppop 19.0] at [66.98.204.55]
fetchmail: POP3> CAPA
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Capability list follows
fetchmail: POP3< TOP
fetchmail: POP3< USER
fetchmail: POP3< UIDL
fetchmail: POP3< XSENDER
fetchmail: POP3< IMPLEMENTATION cppop
fetchmail: POP3< .
fetchmail: POP3> USER datamike
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Need a password
fetchmail: POP3> PASS *
fetchmail: POP3< +OK You have 4 messages totaling 51165 octets from
/home/datamike/mail/inbox (full load)
fetchmail: POP3> STAT
fetchmail: POP3< +OK 4 51165
4 messages for datamike at mail.datamike.org (51165 octets).
fetchmail: POP3> LIST 1
fetchmail: POP3< +OK 1 35488
fetchmail: POP3> RETR 1
fetchmail: POP3< +OK 35434 octets
reading message datamike(_at_)datamike(_dot_)org:1 of 4 (35488 octets)
fetchmail: SMTP connect to localhost failed
fetchmail: POP3> QUIT
fetchmail: POP3< OSTG                                         DAILY
EDITION * NEWSLETTER
fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from mail.datamike.org
fetchmail: 6.2.5 querying mail.datamike.org (protocol POP3) at Tue 01
Feb 2005 02:03:17 PM EET: poll completed
fetchmail: Query status=10 (SMTP)
fetchmail: normal termination, status 10

I have only set the following setting into .fetchmailrc:
set postmaster "datamike"
set bouncemail
set no spambounce
set properties ""
poll mail.datamike.org with proto POP3
       user 'datamike' there with password '***********'

Could it be that fetchmail is trying to forward the fetched mail to
another host an dfails because such settings are no present?

I've exhausted most of my options to fix this. Any ideas?

--
developer & programmer
me tomi kaistila